PortMiami Terminal V Bulkhead | 2022 Project of the Year Award, ASCE Miami-Dade Branch
The design featured accommodations for sea-level rise. Construction includes coral relocation, extensive waterside improvements for vessel services, dredging of the existing waterway, a wharf extension, a new apron and bulkhead, installation of mooring/storm bollards and mooring dolphins, and stormwater drainage.
As the newest cruise terminal at PortMiami, Terminal V serves as the homeport for the new Virgin Voyages cruise line. At the center of the project is a new terminal building and an expansion to the existing cruise berth designed by BA.
• A new pier designed to accommodate for larger vessels within the existing site with the correct proportions to increase the length
• Design of new earth-filled combi-wall bulkhead structure anchored by a steel sheet pile (SSP) wall
• Mooring bollard foundation system and dolphin structure
• Maintenance and berth deepening dredging design
• Sustainable design with the Biscayne Bay Aquatic Preserves (BBAP)